RENT DAYBREAKFind out how you and your group can experience all that Daybreak Point Bible Camp and Anvil island have to offer SUBMIT RENTAL INQUIRY
Renting the facilities on our ninety-six acre property is both inexpensive and easy. We are excited to work with you and your group to make your retreat a success. Whether it’s a Church family camp, school group, a school grad trip, a wedding, retreat, or a family reunion we are confident we have the place for you. Our rental season is from May to June and September to October for the Main Camp. We are able to rent the Lodge out from March to June and September to November.
Please read thoroughly prior to signing and agreeing to the waiver/agreement attached; information has changed.
The dining hall comes with a fully equipped kitchen, and large ‘dishpit area.’ It can seat roughly 180 people on banquet style tables and benches. There is a central fireplace within the dining hall for use on colder days.
The facility is equipped with 10 ‘basic’ camper cabins. Each is equipped with a washroom (no shower) and 5-6 bunk beds with mattresses. Bedding is not provided. There are ‘staff style’ cabins that sleep varying numbers of people; many of these do have showers. Additional showers are located beneath the dining hall.
The chapel is available for use with the main camp rental. It is a great facility for teaching, sharing and hanging out. This building is a no food, drink or shoes allowed inside building.
The camp has covered gym, hiking trails, a Frisbee golf course, ropes course, archery and riflery range, a large field (baseball, soccer), kayaks, paddle-boards, a waterslide and a beach volleyball court available. Moderate sports equipment is provided, but no rifles, bows or arrows.
While our hospital does contain emergency medical supplies it is the responsibility of the renting party to bring daily medical supplies and first aid personnel. The hospital contains two bedrooms and a full bathroom with tub.
We supply and manage our own water system. Our source is spring fed and is treated to ensure it is safe to drink. It is tested daily and closely monitored by Coastal Health.
1. The Main Camp
Groups of 30-150
$25 a night, per person gets you access to:
10 Camper Cabins, 4 ‘Staff’ Cabins, Full Dining Hall Commercial Kitchen and Dishpit.
As Well as Access to:
The Chapel, Gym, Beaches, Boat Dock, Kayaks, Paddle-boards, Swim Dock (Seasonal) and Water Slide.
Minimum Rental Bill: $500
2. The Lodge
Groups of 8-18
$30 a night, per person gets you access to the larger, self-contained cottage: Kitchen, Living Room, 3 Large Bedrooms with single and double bunk beds, 3 Bathrooms and a Dining Room.
As well as Shared Access to: The Chapel, Gym and other Facilities. These facilities would be shared with the Main Camp Rental if there is one.
Minimum Bill: $250
The Rental Process
1. You & Us:
The first part in the rental process is to contact our rentals office and to inquire about dates/availability. Although our administration team updates the online rental calendar regularly, to eliminate double bookings it’s always great to check. The rental co-ordinator will advise you of availability.
2. Confirm Dates, Deposits
Once you have selected the date; fill out and sign the waiver/agreement attached and mail it to our office along with the $150 deposit cheque. Our rental office will confirm receipt and place you in our rental calendar.
3. Boat Times, Pre-Trip Planning
Approximately a month prior to your rental date please contact the water taxi company to arrange transport to and from the Island (contact information enclosed). Once you have secured a time, please call the office and inform us of your arrival and departure times. Other important elements of pre-trip planning include: arranging food transport, medical personnel and program staff. If you need any assistance with these items the Rental Office may be able to direct you further. Times for arrival and departure are laid out below for your information:
Friday to Sunday Rental: Arrival 3 pm on Friday – Departure 3 pm on Sunday
Weekday Rentals: Arrival and Departure to be Determined Based on Bookings (10 am to 2 pm arrival departure window)*
* Must be off Island by 2 pm as a new group may be arriving at 3 pm. Exceptions may be made throughout the week if no other groups are bookending your time. Please contact the office to arrange.
4. On Island Experience
Once you arrive on site, the caretaker will greet you and arrange luggage transport from the boat dock to the main camp. He will then go over key information with regards to using the dishpit, kitchen, garbage and cleaning procedures. The caretakers will be around during your stay and will be your primary contact throughout the visit.
5. Departure Day
Proper cleaning of the facility requires two hours to be done adequately. The caretaker will provide you
with complete cleaning instructions and all the supplies necessary to leave the camp as clean as
when you found it. Please leave adequate time for this process. The caretaker will also go over a ‘rental
summary’ including a guest count.
6. A short while after…
Shortly after your time at Anvil, you will receive an invoice from our office for the balance owing on your account. At this time, you are welcome to secure your rental for the following year!
Securing your transportation should be your second priority after securing your spot on Anvil. Below is the information which should help this process.
Lions Bay Marina: Closer to Anvil, Pay Parking,
Lions Bay Marina hours are Thursday to Monday, 8am to 5pm. They gradually close later as the spring progresses. Please contact them to confirm precise information.
Horseshoe Bay: A bit further from Anvil, some available free parking; open hours.
Cormorant Marine: 604.250.2630
Mercury Tug & Launch: 604.921.7451
Pacific Ferries: 604-681-5199
While the property at Daybreak is insured, it is highly recommended that group leaders purchase private insurance (through BCAA or other) prior to hosting a retreat. If you are a School, Church or Wedding you must send us a Proof of Insurance from our Insurance provider, for other groups it is recommended. Please take necessary precautions as accidents incurred as a result of your participation at Daybreak will not be covered under our General Liability Policy.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Caretaker will advise you of any specific ‘rules’ depending on various construction projects etc; however, there are a few general facility regulations we ask all renting parties to abide by:
1) The Island is powered by a generator; the maximum time for the generator to be used is 17 hours a day; please plan accordingly
2) The camp property is non-smoking. For members of your group who do smoke – please see caretaker for the smoking area of the camp. All smoking must be done in this location and no where else on the island
3) No Firearms, Alcohol, Drugs, Cannabis Products, Vaping, Pets or Explosives. No candles in any buildings. No open flames in any buildings or on the camp property outside of the designated areas (fire ban may be in effect, please confirm with caretaker).
4) Provincial Health Regulations require that any camp for children 14 and under must have a
nurse or F.A.A. attendant on site at all times
5) Adult supervision for all waterfront activities is required. Please review the posted rules and regulations. Swimming and boating is to be done under supervision by a qualified lifeguard. No boating is to done outside the two main bays.
6) Absolutely no graffiti, no removal of mattresses from cabins, no damage whatsoever to the camp property.
7) Camp clean up, daily garbage routines and kitchen care rules are posted on-site; the caretaker will supplement them if necessary. These must be followed to ensure the camp remains in good condition.
8) Please obey all out-of-bound signs posted on the property.
9) The rental group is responsible for implementing recommended safety measures relating to COVID-19 and for strict compliance with all Provincial Health Orders relating to COVID-19 in place at the time of the rental.
1) Appliances: Convection Oven, Grill, 6 Burner Stove, commercial Fridge, Freezer, Hobart, Mixers, Toaster, Washer and Drier, Coffee Machines, Outdoor BBQ
2) Pots, Pans, Cutlery for 200, Cooking-trays and utensils are provided.
Washrooms & Showers:
1) Washrooms are located in camper cabins and staff cabins. Washrooms are on a Septic System – please be considerate.
2) Showers are located beneath the dining hall
1) Garbage must be separated: Food Waste, Burnables, Metal/Plastic/Glass Recycling, Other. The Caretaker will detail these procedures.” Please consider our waste management logistics when determining your program.
2) Water: We supply and manage our own water system. Our source is spring fed and is treated to ensure it is safe to drink. It is tested daily and closely monitored by Coastal Health. Sometimes, in early spring, the water has not yet been tested by the Ministry. If this is the case, the camp is on a boil water notice, which simply means you will have to boil your water prior to drinking.
Leading a Hike to the Peak
We also have access to the Leading Peak hike from our property. Please contact the office and we will send you the waiver form for this hike. Unfortunately, during the months of July and August the camp is off-limits for access to the hike as well as rental groups. Thank you for your understanding!
Due to the COVID-19 situation, and in light of recent government recommendations, our facility is closed to all public access, including the Leading Peak trailhead. In addition, all other access points on the island are through private property and our neighbors have requested that people respect their wishes to not have people access the hike through their property. As the government has requested that people stay home and socially isolate, we ask our community and hikers to follow these instructions and not attempt to access the Camp and the island at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
The boat leaves from the foot of Denman St. at 7:30AM SHARP. Please be there no later than 7:00AM to sign in.
Pick Up is at the same location - at 12:00 - 12:30 ish (depending on sailing times).
For last minute updates - check the Anvil Island - Daybreak Point Bible Camp page on Facebook.
Boat Drop Off
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.