March 20, 2020

Dear Parents and Campers,

Like all of you, our staff and Board of Directors have been closely following the COVID-19 pandemic as it has unfolded over the last few months. This is a time unlike any most of us have seen in decades, if ever. While we live in a world so deeply connected, today we are facing words like ‘social distancing ‘and ‘outbreak’ which can leave us feeling confused, isolated, and even anxious. Thankfully God is bigger than our fear, and He encourages us to bring our worries to Him. In this spirit we want to check in with our camp community about where we stand as we look ahead to these next few months.

The Board has been in regular contact with public health professionals, as the provincial and federal governments have set different guidelines. Our weekly camps usually have about 200 people on the island including campers and staff, and therefore would certainly exceed the latest recommendation to limit public gatherings to 50 persons or less.

Thankfully, the summer camping season is over 3 months away and we have some time to see how this virus responds to current interventions before we make the safest and best choice for our community. We know in this tumultuous season, camp could be a wonderful gift for us all IF it is safe to continue, so we will wait a while longer before cancelling any of our weeks. Our highest priority is the health and safety of our campers, staff, and everyone’s families. We know families plan ahead, and we wish to respect this in our decision-making process, so we will keep you informed as changes develop for the camp. We plan to provide an update four weeks after Easter, but will do so earlier if we have any new information.

Please note, at this time our usual cancellation policy remains in effect: A camper can cancel registration for any reason, up to one week before the start of camp and receive a refund for the full amount paid, less the $25 processing fee. We strongly encourage our campers to stay registered for now, as we hope camp will continue. Also, as we already have waitlists, we would not be able to guarantee you a spot should you change your mind and want to re-register. In the event we are required to cancel any of our weekly camps you can expect a refund of your full registration fee paid.


Terry Carabetta
Chairman, Board of Directors